No Chromecast? No problem. Cast directly from your mobile device to any LG Smart TV with webOS.
To use Promota on your webOS TV, you'll need to connect to a Wi-Fi network. Follow these steps to get set up.
To begin, you must have:
- Your mobile device (with Promota installed)
- Stable Wi-Fi
On your remote, press the Smart home button. At the top right of the TV screen, press the Settings button.
After opening Settings, a menu will appear at the left side of the screen.
Locate the Network button in the menu and click to open it.
To rename your TV, enter it into the TV Name box.
Click on Wi-Fi Connection.
Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list.
Note: If you don't see your network in the list, you may need to bring your router closer to the TV.
Enter your Wi-Fi password.
Select Connect and you're done!
Casting to your webOS TV
Make sure your mobile device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your webOS TV.
1. Log into your Promota app.
2. Select a template, edit and save it in the Digital Signs tab. To display multiple signs, add them into a Slideshow.
3. Tap to select your content and hit Cast.
4. A list of available displays will populate. Select the webOS TV.
5. Your digital sign or slideshow will appear onscreen.
If you haven't downloaded Promota yet, install it free from the App Store.