You can turn any TV into a digital signage display using Google Chromecast and the Promota app. Our app has built-in compatibility that allows casting from the app to any Chromecast device or LG Smart TV if you have one. Before you begin, make sure that the Chromecast is properly plugged into the display. Both Chromecast and display should have power and be turned on. Follow the onscreen prompts to properly set up your Chromecast.
What you need
- A Chromecast device
- Google Home app installed on your iPhone or iPad
- A Google account
- A display, monitor or TV with an HDMI port
- Secure Wi-Fi at your place of business
- Your iPhone or iPad
Setting up the Chromecast
1. Plug in your Chromecast to the TV, then connect the USB power cable to your Chromecast. Plug the other end of the USB power cable into an open USB port on your TV OR into the power adapter provided by Chromecast which you will then plug into a power outlet.
2. On your iPhone or iPad, install the Google Home app.
3. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the same Wi-Fi network that you intend to use for Chromecast set up.
4. Open the Google Home app.
5. Tap Get Started or find the device card > Set up.
6. Confirm Google Account: Choose or add the Google Account you want to link to Chromecast. Tap Ok.
7. Bluetooth: If your Bluetooth is already turned on, you won't see this screen, Skip to Step 8. Otherwise, swipe up from the bottom of the Home screen. Tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
8. Scanning for Chromecast devices: The Google Home app scans for available Chromecast devices nearby. Select the device you want to set up, then hit Next.
9. Found devices: Tap the device you want to set up, then hit Next. If you don't see your device, tap Don't see your device.
10. Making a Connection: If you see a code on your TV, tap Yes. If not, tap Try again > Scan for devices.
11. Region selection: You may be promoted to set up your region. If you don’t see the prompt, skip to step 13. Otherwise, tap the region list > selection your region > Continue.
12. Room selection: Choose the room where your device is located. This helps you identify the device when you want to cast to it. Tap Next.
You can create a custom room room by tapping Add custom room > type in Room name > Next.
13. Connecting to Wi-Fi: If you’re connecting via Ethernet, skip to step 15. Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to your device. Tap Next.
If you selected a Wi-Fi network from the list, you’ll be prompted to enter your Wi-Fi password. Then tap Connect. The Google Home app will remember this network when you set up more devices. If you don’t want the Google Home app to remember this network, uncheck Use this Wi-Fi network to set up future devices.
If you selected Other Wi-Fi network, you will need to manually enter the Network Name, Password, and select the Security Mode you use with your network.
14. Ethernet: Follow the steps to set up using Ethernet.
15. Linking your Chromecast: Your Chromecast uses your Google Account to personalize your experience. Tap Continue.
16. Summary screen: Here’s a review of what you set up. You can choose to set up other functionality. Tap Next > Continue.
17. Learn how to cast: Choose a sample clip to learn how to cast or tap Skip tutorial.
18. Go into the Promota app, edit and save a signboard or slideshow. Hit Cast and watch it appear on your TV!
If you have issues during setup or additional questions, leave us a message.
Visit the link below to download Promota for free in the App Store.